Yes, it is possible to get a job in the Uber, even you are having a record as a felon. But forget appointed with the Uber, you need to go for the background check process. This process gives the felons to give an option to face some major scrutiny.
It is very common about every person who wants to become an employee of the company needs to undergoes a background check. The uber company allows the felons to work as a driver in their company and they can be able to get inside this company by means of filling the application form via online in the official website of the Uber company.
If you are want to become a Uber driver then you must consent to allow the uber to run a background check and also driving record check. Once you are completed the basic online application, you may ask to complete a background check consent form which allows the uber to use a company called checker to do the background check process.
Here is a list of background checks which are conducted by the company in this present year to choose their employees,
- County courthouse records for every county of residence for the last 7 years
- Federal courthouse records going back 7 years
- The multi-state criminal database going back 7 years
- Motor Vehicle Records
- Social Security Trace
- National Sex Offender Registry.
Criteria for checking a record
You should clear the background check to meet the below conditions,
- An employee should have a minimum of 1 year US license history
- You should have a clean motor vehicle report with no more than 3 incidents in the past years
If you can not pass the background check of uber, do not be sad. There are still some jobs that a felon can get. Driving for trucking companies is one of those good jobs. You can find those companies on FelonFriendly.net.